Monday 19 August 2013

Your skin will Thank You : Night Time routine









I first started out to be a makeup junkie but eventually I became an official skincare junkie as well. Taking care and treating your skin is essential. I have seen a vast improvement in my complexion when I started to become more aware about the importance of skincare. Being able to have good skin is every girls dream. When you have good skin, you'll pile less makeup on your face. Hence, saving up more money on using less foundation or concealer.

Before buying and acquiring your skincare product, it is important to know a little bit about your skin types. Whether you have a dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin or oily skin. For me, I lean towards the combination skin, where my T-zone area will get oily. Then, after knowing your skin types, you can focus on your problem areas, it maybe blemishes, redness, acne,  hyper pigmentation etc. Basically, from all this knowledge, it helps to narrow down the products that you are going to buy. My personal skin concern is blemishes and a bit of acne during that time of the month. Therefore, I like brightening or whitening product.

So, here is what I have been using for the past few months. I list them in the order of my routine.

Lush Tea Tree Water - I'm not that fuzzy about toners. As long as it does not contain any alcohol in it. This Lush toner is pretty good, no harsh chemical for sure. Although I find the smell a bit funky like garlic. I find that using a toner really freshen up my skin and keeping my face from oily. Another great alternative is Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner which smells so good.

IOPE Bio Essence - This has the same concept as the cult favourite SK-II essence for half of the price. IOPE Bio Essence claims to hydrate and restore the skin cells. Though I'm not too sure about restoring the skin cells, but it really helps to hydrate my skin without feeling greasy and tacky.

Kiehl's Avocado Eye cream - Great eye cream, doesn't irritate my eyes. It also sinks to the skin right away. Very moisturising.

Indeed Lab Hydraluron - This serum works like no other. I have just recently acquire it when it first launched in Priceline. But I can tell you that I'm loving it! No wonder everyone seems to keep on raving about this, even Caroline Hirons put this in her Hall of Fame. Although, I have to admit it feels a bit tacky but it absorb and vanish in a second. I can tell that my skin feels more plump and hydrated in the morning. I recommend that everyone should start using this miracle worker.

Laneige White Plus Renew Night Cream - Smells good like all other Laneige product and it really brightens up my complexion. Leaves my skin feeling soft and supple.

Origins Drink Up Intensive - Origins is a brand that I always rely on as they don't use harsh chemical in their product and very reliable. I use this twice a week interchangeably with my Laneige White Plus Renew Night cream. When I feel like my skin needs more hydration, I'll use this instead. A good alternative that I found is  Laneige Water sleeping pack.

Acne.org Treatment - I cannot live without this! It contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. Such a great product in battling and preventing any future acne. Since using this, I noticed that i got less acne on my face. From my personal experience, after using moisturising and hydrating skincare product, it helps to diminish my acne scarring and blemishes.

Lucas' Papaw Ointment - For lip conditioning. Nothing beats this stuff in moisturising my lips. It's also great for the moisturising the cuticle.



So, what's your skincare secret? Do you keep to one routine or do you alternate them frequently??

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting read and oh god, it makes me realise how much more I need to do for my skin!

    You have a lovely blog, new follower over here! Can't wait to see more posts xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) glad that u enjoy my blog !!

      x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...